Standing at the intersection of Halsted and Barry in Lakeview these days, it’s hard to imagine it ever looking any different. But in 1895, two years after the CAA opened, it was very much considered the country. This area, called Lake View Township, was sparsely populated, as evidenced in the above photo from Calumet412.com. These days, the area around the intersection, just south of Clark and Belmont, has numerous cafes, restaurants, the Blue Man Group, a Sports Authority, a Chase bank, DSW, Binny’s and so much more. Crazy how an area can change once people start moving in.