MAY 2015 – Which is home to one of the world’s foremost collections of art. Before the museum opened in 1893, the same year as the CAA, that site held the Interstate Exposition Building. Opened in 1872, its main purpose allowed exhibitors to show their products, goods and services. In addition, it was also served as the Illinois National Guard Armory, the site of political conventions in 1880 and 1884 and was the first home of the Chicago Symphony Orchestra. It was razed in 1892.