Now that summer festival season is done (Are you exhausted from Lolla, Pitchfork, North Coast, Riot Fest? We are.) don’t think you can slack in your musical outings. There are loads of great shows in Chicago this fall. Here are a few we think you should check out in October and early November.
- Disclosure: You either know these British brothers from their collaborations with Sam Smith or you just know them because you’re cool and their electronic music is pretty damn fierce. Navy Pier Festival Hall, October 15th
- Stevie Wonder: Soak up all your favorites from the legendary R&B singer when he hits the United Center October 16th
- Kurt Vile + The Violators: Don’t be turned off by the name; the lo-fi psych and folk rock will fill up Thalia Hall October 22nd and 23rd
- Chvrches: If you missed the Scottish dance rock outfit on the summer tour circuit, now’s your chance to see them in a more intimate (and, frankly, better) setting at Metro on October 24th
- Freaky Deaky: Three nights of EDM over Halloween weekend with Bassnectar, Pretty Lights, 2 Chainz, Armin Van Buuren, Benny Benassi, Richie Hawtin, A-Trak and a whole lot more. October 30th-November 1st at Toyota Park in Bridgeview.
- Yo La Tengo: Revisit your indie rock roots when the Jersey band hits the Vic November 5th
- The Weeknd and Banks: Feeling sexy? You certainly will when these electronic-tinged, hip-hop and R&B-influenced singers set up shop at the United Center November 6th