Tucked away just west of Lake Shore Drive and south of the Alfred Caldwell Lily Pool sits the idyllic space that is the Lincoln Park Boat House. The beautiful refuge welcomes rowers to the Lincoln Park Boat Club. For more than 100 years, the Boat Club has been a place to not only learn how to row, but where teams practice for larger regattas. It all started in 1910 when four smaller clubs joined forces to form the Boat Club and build the facility that stands today.
The photos above, courtesy of Calumet412.com, show the boat house at various points throughout history, where people could casually drop a boat into the water and relax with a day of casual boating or come to hone their rowing, sculling and paddling skills. Today it is open for the public to join as members or sign up for classes, including kayaking and stand-up paddle boarding.