MARCH 2019 — There’s a rich athletic heritage of the Chicago Athletic Association echoing throughout the walls of the building, and now guests can be a part of it themselves — without having to leave their rooms. Designed with the Chicago Athletic Association hotel guest in mind and led by Nike Master Trainer Emily Hutchins, owner of On Your Mark Coaching + Training, 20- and 30-minute guided audio workouts (that don’t require any additional equipment) are now available for guests.
Think an equipment-free workout won’t give you enough burn? Feel like you can’t get a good workout in on the road while traveling, anyway? Take it from Emily herself — these workouts make it easy, accessible, and even enjoyable to do some your hotel room, bedroom, or anywhere in between:
WHY WORKOUT WITHOUT EQUIPMENT?
1. You save time! There’s no need to be tied to a gym schedule when you can create your own positive environment to work out.
2. Equipment-free workouts specifically target your core — toned abs, anyone?
3. These workouts are easy to access — from anywhere.
4. Cut down on costs — equipment-free workouts make it affordable to get and stay in shape.
5. Best part is? No one’s watching!
HOW TO STAY IN SHAPE WHILE TRAVELING
1. Take those stairs — give yourself the extra challenge of a few extra stairs in your hotel.
2. Opt for the healthy breakfast option, stocked with protein and good fats.
3. Research your accommodations before you book — is there a fitness center? Are there running paths nearby? Stay informed about where you’ll get your workout in — or just follow Emily’s guided 20- and 30-minute workouts!
4. Use your apps — do you have a favorite workout app? Load it up with workouts before you go, so you’ll be ready to break a sweat as soon as you check in.