Cold-pressed juice and green smoothies seemed to show up everywhere in the last couple of years. And there’s good reason. Juicing is a healthy way to get many of the nutrients your body needs on a daily basis. By combining juice from various fruits and vegetables like kale, spinach, beets, cucumber, celery, apples and bananas along with spices like cinnamon, turmeric and ginger and other good-for-you ingredients like cacao and nut milks, you’re giving your body a bountiful surge of vitamins, minerals, protein, fiber and more. We don’t necessarily advocate doing a juice fast, but by hitting some of these favorite juice bars in Chicago, you’re only doing your body good.
- Owen + Alchemy: 2355 N. Milwaukee in Logan Square and inside Eataly in River North.
- Beatrix: 519 N. Clark in River North and 671 N. St. Clair in Streeterville
- Protein Bar: 11 locations around the city including 10 W. Lake and 33 S. Wabash in the Loop within walking distance from The Chicago Athletic Association
- Peeled Juice Bar: 1571 N. Sheffield in Lincoln Park
- Harvest Juicery: 1012 W. Lake in the West Loop
- Freshii: Nearly 20 locations all over the city.